Thursday 28 April 2022

More of the new display

I've been wondering which figures to display on the extra shelves I added to my IKEA display cabinet, this is what I've come up with so far:

Some Polish Lancers, the officer in the centre made in France by JIM, the troopers around him made in Poland by PZG (the Polish Association of the Deaf), beautiful figures destined to remain in the cabinet and not risk the rigours of the wargame table.

The Corsican Ogre himself, made by Cyrnos, the Mamelouk standard bearer made by JIM as are the Carabinier and Hussars behind them. 

The Duke of Marlborough, mounted by Cherilea and on foot made by Tradition, the Grenadiers in the background are repainted Cavendish figures.

A hotchpotch of American Revolution figures, many converted from old Britains swoppets and Helmet kits parts by Denis Donovan and Gareth Lloyd, who have established an enviable reputation for such work.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, they'e some of my favourites!

      Delete
  2. Excellent choices for display Brian! They all look great! I especially like your Polish Lancer Officer by JIM, that horse is one of my favorites, so dynamic and he really stands out in a crowd! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brad, I think the JIM officer fits in very well with the PZG chaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic looking figures to display. I've been wanting to pick up one of these cabinets - alas they've been out of stock for over a year now.

    ReplyDelete