Friday 7 May 2021

Austin-Putilov made in Russia

 Austin-Putilov armoured car made by MKI the Moscow Toy Plant, it's plastic and looks like the chassis and turrets have been produced in blow moulds.  Collector Aleksey Dmitriyev in Russia tells me that it was made in the 1970's or 80s, it feels much earlier to me but there you go, I know virtually nothing about Russian toys, except that I like them!  I found these pics while idly searching the net (as you do) and fell in love with it, so I thought I'd share it.








You can just about make out the makers mark on the right.  If you want to buy it you'll find him on Meshok.net which is a kind of Russian ebay current bidding is just over £106 good hunting.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent find Brian! I never thought much about Russian blow mold figures but this is really outstanding! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm constantly amazed by all the great stuff, old and new, surfacing in the Near East

      Delete
  2. I certainly second that, Brian. Have had to resort to scratch building early armoured cars for 1/32 scale. That model would have been a great addition to my armies, and with the potential of upgrading with detail and painted emblems.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, I tried something similar here: https://toysoldiercollecting.blogspot.com/2017/10/ww1-austin-armoured-carsort-of.html

      Delete
    2. Brian, I previously worked my way right through your blog, spotted the treen vehicle, and downloaded a photo for my inspiration files. Very nicely done. Would love to see more of your 1850-1920 armies, some of your games look really magical!
      Michael

      Delete